Saturday, July 12, 2014

Summer Living



Duck Gybes at Katama

It has been so windy this summer AND when I am off of work! I have been able to go short boarding several times a week, as was my goal. Short boarding is a type of windsurfing which requires a lot of wind and teaches a lot about board handling, especially through learning some freestyle moves. I have been able to work on my duck gybes and I am starting to work on my lay-down gybes.

Wind at Sengekontacket Pond
 Besides working and windsurfing I have also been working on improving this website and working on my fundraising campaign. There are a lot of aspects to being an Olympic athlete, beyond training! I am so fortunate to have family members that have experience in fundraising for various projects, helping me become better at this part of 'the job'.
One cool new part of this website is the 'Community Corner,' where I am sharing inspiring stories from the various communities I am proud to be a part of. If you know of a story I have not included, please let me know!

Chasing the Wind to Cape Pogue

No comments:

Post a Comment